Friday 6 December 2013

Open Focus Walk







                              Silver light over the hilltop








                              Space and silence a balm for the soul



    At last weekend's workshop I invited people to take a silent walk. I call it an Open Focus Walk I got great feedback telling how interesting people found it so I thought I'd share it here.

Next time you are out walking count shapes , count until you reach a hundred and then start counting once again . Just keep counting. When your mind wanders off and you notice that it has wandered just bring it back to counting shapes. Now the shapes I like to count are  the shapes created by space. The space in and around and between objects.
For example I love to count shapes between the clouds , shapes like those in the in the sky photos above.
There are endless space shapes all around and counting them brings a great sense of space into our conscious awareness.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.







No comments: