Friday 27 September 2013




                                 Ruth Krauss

 love is when you send postcards
 more than to other people -
 love is when they could push you down in the grass
 and it doesn't even hurt -
 love is the same as like
 only you spell them different
 more of the same, sort of  -
 Love has more stuff in it !
 love is you give them
 a leg off your gingerbread man
 No two legs.
 And a head !

This beautiful poem is from Ruth Krauss' childrens book  '  I’ll Be You and You Be Me: A Vintage Ode to Friendship and Imagination, Illustrated by Sendak  Check out the link below if you like the poem and have a few magical minutes reading and seeing the fabulous illustrations.
I am so grateful to have found Maria Popova's article on this writer.
 ruth-krauss-maurice-sendak-1954/

 I'm still experimenting , and hoping you are too. I'm finding it to be a great way of  ' intending ' or focusing my  attention each day.
 We humans need a constant  variety  of ways to do the same thing.
 What I mean is this experimenting is really a way of making a new gratitude list or ' experiment' .
 Anyway it works in my brain and I hope you too are enjoying this method of adding value to the day.
 Love Ann


       

No comments: