Sunday 2 February 2014

More On The Emotional Scale






Untitled from ann on Vimeo.




I posted this emotional scale a few days ago since then I have had a few questions about it from people who had never heard of the scale so to answer them here are a few thoughts on the scale and why I think it is a good tool.

Many years ago long before I had taken up the practice of T'ai Chi or meditation depression was a regular emotional experience for me.  I often felt hopeless in the face of this state , even contemplated suicide.
 I felt lost and didn't know how to deal with these emotions that would overwhelm me and turn me inwards in a negative spiral.  Thank God for self help books and libraries where I found refuge and answers.

I can still remember the photo  in a holistic healing book of two people standing in roll back position ( the video above shows roll back push and press as a partner exercise) as soon as I saw that phopo something inside resonated I just knew that I had to learn T'ai Chi.
I remember reading my first T'ai Chi books and loving tales of people living joyful fulfilled lives, tales of people recovering from illnesses of mind and body through the practice. Now I can fully agree with these stories. Depression is not a state I experience any more, sure I get a little down at times but this is when I have overdone things and can be quickly remedied. Black moods and days are a thing of the past.  Through the practice of T'ai Chi My mind has opened to so much more of this life experience, opened to books and teachings that I never would have contemplated in my pre T'ai Chi days.
 The practice opens the physical body and this opening effects the mind in a positive way. Somehow it teaches you to recognise that you are not your thoughts or your emotions , it teaches you to transcend these aspects of yourself. Then knowing that you are more than thoughts and emotions , knowing that there is an eternal transcendent aspect which is always present always watching unaffected by the passing thoughts and emotions, you learn to ride the emotions, to watch the thoughts and the movements of your mind.
 In time you learn that you have much more power over your thoughts and emotions than you ever thought possible. You come to realise that how you feel is actually up to yourself because you know that you can direct your thoughts and feelings. You are becoming more and more the master of your mind .
You can now look at the  emotional scale and see where you stand moment to moment and by choosing to direct your thoughts you can move up or down the scale.
You now have power in your life , power to choose positive emotions and a happier life. You learn to know yourself from the inside out and knowing yourself you can take the appropriate steps to keep yourself in a higher emotional state.

       Emotional Vibration Scale – Extract from Ask and it is given –
                              Abraham-Hicks

              1. Joy/Knowledge/Empowerment/Freedom/Love/Appreciation
              2. Passion
              3. Enthusiasm/Eagerness/Happiness
              4. Positive Expectation/Belief
              5. Optimism
              6. Hopefulness
              7. Contentment
              8. Boredom
              9. Pessimism
              10. Frustration/Irritation/Impatience        
              11. “Overwhelment”
              12. Disappointment
              13. Doubt
              14. Worry
              15. Blame
              16. Discouragement
              17. Anger
              18. Revenge
              19. Hatred/Rage
              20. Jealousy
              21. Insecurity/Guilt/Unworthiness
              22. Fear/Grief/Depression/Despair/Powerlessness

No comments: