Thursday 16 July 2015

A Trip To The Botanical Garden






I took the Metro to Erolior,






It was interesting to see some of the local houses and gardens.





Then I got to the Botanical Garden.





With it's shady walks,







I found it really interesting to see this African Oak tree,







The leaves are so similar to those on our Irish oak trees but about twice as big!







The scent from this rose was absolutely sublime.








Then I found my way to the tropical 'house'.







And saw my first banana tree with real bananas growing (felt magical).







Abundant borders.









The ponds were lovely,






I especially loved the turtles who were swimming and stopping to feed on the vegetation.
See the videos here on my Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/TaiChiChuanCork





Lovely to see children playing !






And birdwatchers waiting.







All in all a perfect morning.






No comments: