Sunday 28 July 2013

The Magic of West Cork and Kerry




Garnish Island has been calling me back since I took my friend Deb there a few summers ago.
A trip there was an annual event with Uncle Seamus , magical, mysterious outings that inspired and fed my childhood imagination  . So  finally I persuaded John and my girls to come with me and share in the magic . .  . . .








           

The journey took us west past the Paps of Anu Sacred Mountains of Sliabh Luachra
          The city of the Paps







                  On to the town of Kenmare









      With it's beautiful bay overlooking the sea.










         Soft landscape and waterfalls.








               A stop our way to the Caha Pass






          Past mountain streams






           Through the tunnels







         To the stunning views
        More information here The Caha Mountains







                  The first view of Bantry Bay tells us that Glengariff and
                    Garnish Island are coming closer.


                   But it is late now and T'ai Chi is calling me so
                   I'll wait until tomorrow to finish our trip.

No comments: