Friday 1 February 2013



Last week I posted a blog from my friend Pat about discovering at 81 that she was  a soprano.
Lots of people have told me how they found her  email to be inspiring and encouraged them to pursue their own dreams. So  here some more stories about  ' late ' beginnings that I found inspiring.

The Greek philosopher Socrates learned to play a musical instrument when he was 80 years old. Michelangelo was painting his greatest canvases at 80. At  80, Cios Simonides won the prize for poetry. Johann von Gooethe finished Faust, and Alfred ,Lord Tennyson wrote " Crossing the Bar "at 83.

I love to think of having years  ahead to learn , to explore ,to uncover and develop talents .
What an amazing age we live in when so much information and experience is available to us.

No comments: