Saturday 19 March 2016

Wanting Control




The feeling of wanting  control is the opposite to the feeling of surrender and causes a huge amount of unnecessary stress in our lives.
Take a moment to think of all the things you would like to 'fix' or change in your world. Think of the people whose lives you could sort out ( if only they would listen to your advice). Stress, Stress, and more Stress !!!
Now take a moment to Let Go and trust that people are on their own journey, that they have their own guidance system and allow yourself to relax and let go of 'fixing'.
Reflect on how life has brought you the everything you needed at just the right time.
 Relax and know that LIFE is looking after you.
It is really interesting to take the time to reflect on how life looks after us, each time I give myself this reflection my awe and respect for life's wisdom grows.
Each time I Let Go and trust life I regain control and this is the paradoxical nature of things.
In  letting go of wanting to control I gain control over my state of mind and feel myself more in tune with life.
I am very aware of how Letting Go of wanting to control my life has freed me up in ways that I couldn't have imagined. I remember trying to 'make things happen' efforting to grow my T'ai Chi classes etc. All the effort stressed me and never helped in any way. Then I began to Let Go and trust that life knew what was best for me. I asked life to send the best lessons for my growth and began to trust more and more that life knew much better than me. Life in every way is smoother, any time I find myself wanting to control I Let Go ( as best I can ) and just watch as life looks after everything. Inspiration arrives in unexpected ways and life becomes more of an adventure than a contest.





No comments: