Saturday, 6 February 2016
A Simple Exercise To Awaken Gratitude
I have found that answering these Questions is a great way to awaken my sense of Gratitude and lift my spirit. They can be fun to share with friends and you will be surprised by what you can learn even about yourself by taking the time to explore them.
1) What teacher are you most thankful for and why? What did you learn from him or her?
2) What’s the season you’re most thankful for, and what’s your favourite part of each season?
3) What electronic device are you most grateful for, and what does it add to your life?
4) What musician or type of music are you most thankful for?
5) What are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life?
6) What form of exercise or physical activity are you most thankful for?
7) What foods are you most thankful for?
8) What local shop or restaurant are you most grateful for? How does it contribute to your quality of life?
9) What book are you most grateful for, and why?
10) What act of kindness has made the greatest difference in your life?
11) What challenging experience has ended up changing your life for the better?
12) What form of art are you most thankful for: music, acting, writing, painting, drawing . . . something else?
13) What place do you feel most grateful for and why?
14) Name three days in your life that you feel especially grateful for.
15) What colour do you feel most thankful for—is there a colour that you can’t imagine living without?
16) Is there a personal limitation or flaw that you’ve come to appreciate?
17) What vacation are you most grateful for?
18) What philanthropic cause or organisation do you feel thankful for?
19) What product do you use on a daily basis that you most appreciate?
20) What, from this year, do you feel most grateful for?