Monday 24 January 2011



The biggest deterrent to scientific progress is a refusal of some people, including scientists, to believe that things that seem amazing can really happen." George Trimble
I think that the biggest block to believing is our unquestioned conditioning which can close our minds and bodies. Looking back over my years of tai chi training it is clear to me that the practice has relaxed and opened my body and mind. I look back and am amazed at how my beliefs have changed. I was so sure of everything, that there was very little space for new and amazing things to happen. The soft stretching movements of tai chi have magical aspects to them that somehow transform the mundane daily routine into journeys of self discovery. As we discover our true nature we become amazed at how vast and wonderful our world is, way beyond our former beliefs.

No comments: