Thursday 8 October 2009

I am 20 years studying Tai Chi and it still amazes me how these simple postures engross, inspire and rejuvenate me. Chances are, that if you are reading this, you too are captivated by this art and , like me, find it impossible to express in words the depth of your feeling. Or maybe you have just begun Tai Chi and are checking out the Blog . If so, there are lots of benefits to practising this art and I am planning to write about them . How long will this take? I don't know..let's just see where it takes us!

Patience
It takes time to learn the postures of Tai Chi and in the daily repetition of postures and then "forms" the art slowly reveals itself to you ,and in doing so reveals you to yourself. It teaches awareness of the ebb and flow in the body's energy/. You learn to witness the moods that pass through your awareness. It gives a centre in difficult times - a source of inspiration which can always be found inside no matter what is going on outside in your world.

Lately it feels to me, as if all the cells of my body sing as soon as I begin to practise . It is a chorus of thanks for shining the light of consciousness back into the body and the cells rejoice at being bathed in the awareness or 'Chi' which results.

So, if you have just begun or , like me, are a long time lover of Tai Chi , enjoy your practise today..

See you soon again

No comments: